Bennett Jones Attorneys And Advisors Group: Rober..
Robert Staley’s follow focuses on advanced business and securities litigation and securities regulation. Rob has in depth experience in Canadian and cross-border securities regulatory and enforcement matters, class actions, takeover bid litigation, overseas corrupt practices, appraisal and share valuation cures, derivative actions, preparations and the oppression treatment. Rob often advises corporations, Boards of Directors, Audit Committees and Particular Committees in reference to inside and regulatory investigations and in how many oil pipelines in the us connection with transactions. Rob has a broad trial and appellate follow in the Ontario Superior Court docket of Justice, Ontario Courtroom of Appeal, Federal Court docket of Canada, Federal Court docket of Enchantment and Supreme Court of Canada. Rob has appeared before the Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta Securities Commissions. Rob additionally has a sturdy pro bono follow, together with in important constitutional Lindsey cases. Rob has served as Chair of the agency’s Securities Litigation Apply Group, as Co-Chair of the firm’s Litigation Division and as a member of the firm’s Partnership Board.
Rob is listed in Chambers International as one of many world’s leading attorneys for dispute resolution. In its 2014 listing, Rob was commended as how many oil pipelines in the us “a brilliant lawyer – he is a real strategist, has the ability to see the large picture, and does a very good job… in courtroom”. In its 2012 listing, Chambers International mentioned Rob “earns praise for his skilled dealing with of complex instances”, and that he “is absolutely first charge at examining and cross-inspecting witnesses”. In 2011, Chambers World commended Rob for his “excellent courtroom presence” and his means to supply “practical and concise advice.” In 2010, Chambers World described Rob as “a masterful strategic thinker and a really proactive and determined advocate” and, in 2009, as “an extremely in a position, tactical lawyer who all the time knows instances inside-out.” In both 2014 and 2015, Authorized Media Group’s Benchmark Canada, which has constantly acknowledged Rob in its rankings in securities litigation and class actions, conferred on Rob Benchmark’s award as Canada’s Securities Litigator of the Year. Rob is acknowledged by The Canadian Legal Knowledgeable Directory in the securities litigation, company and commercial litigation and directors’ and officers’ legal responsibility litigation classes. He’s repeatedly recognized within the Lexpert/American Lawyer Information to the Main 500 Lawyers in Canada in the securities litigation and corporate business litigation classes. Rob has served as a member of the board of administrators of The Advocates’ Society.
Vital mandates embody:
· Representation of the founding father of Forbes & Manhattan in connection with the profitable defence of a proxy contest for Aberdeen Worldwide Inc.
· Representation of Osisko Mining Company in the successful defence of a hostile takeover bid by Goldcorp Inc. and in the next plan of association involving Osisko, Yamana Gold Inc. and Agnico Eagle Mines Limited.
· Representation of Osisko Mining Company in the successful defence of an utility searching for injunctive relief introduced by Abitibi Royalties Inc. within the Quebec Superior Court docket.
· Illustration of the Audit Committee of Penn West Petroleum Ltd. in connection with a administration-initiated, voluntary evaluation of certain accounting practices, and in connection how many oil pipelines in the us with the restatement of the company’s previously filed monetary statements arising from the review.
· Representation of a bunch of interveners in the Supreme Court docket of Canada in Carter v. Canada (Lawyer Normal), in which the Court docket thought of the constitutionality of prohibitions towards assisted suicide in the Criminal Code.
· Representation of Trinity Western University in connection with an software challenging the accreditation choice made by the Regulation Society of Upper Canada.
· Representation of Scorpio Mining Company in an utility that successfully challenged the nomination by a shareholder of candidates for election at Scorpio’s annual assembly.
· Representation of a third social gathering lender in connection with the applying by The Money Store Financial Services Inc. below the businesses’ Creditors Association Act.
· Illustration of a group of interveners within the Supreme Courtroom of Canada in Canada (Legal professional Basic) v. Bedford, during which the Court thought of the constitutionality of anti-prostitution provisions in the Criminal Code.
· Representation of the Litigation Trustee of Sino-Forest Corporation in the prosecution of multiple litigation claims arising from the insolvency of Sino-Forest.
· Representation of Sino-Forest Company in its software below the businesses’ Creditors Association Act, through which a plan of arrangement was accredited by creditors and by the court docket within 9 months after filing.
· Illustration of Sino-Forest Corporation in the Ontario and Quebec courts in defence of class actions, including claims asserted beneath Part XXIII.1 of the Ontario Securities Act, and in reference to investigations by securities regulatory authorities.
· Illustration of the Particular Committee of Analysis In Movement Restricted in reference to the company’s administration initiated voluntary overview of inventory options granting practices and in reference to the corporate’s settlements with the Ontario Securities Commission and the U.S. Securities and Trade Fee.
· Representation of Research In Motion Limited and the Particular Committee of Analysis In Movement Restricted within the defence and decision of shareholder claims arising from the corporate’s management initiated voluntary evaluation of inventory choices granting practices.
· Illustration of members of the Asper family in connection with a profitable effort to obtain restoration for shareholders from the estate of the insolvent Canwest World Communications Corp. in circumstances the place the creditors were not paid in full.
· Illustration of the Special Committee of Coventree Inc. in reference to an investigation by the Ontario Securities Fee into the Canadian asset-backed business paper market.
· Illustration of Coventree Inc. in a 50 day hearing before the Ontario Securities Commission in relation to the Canadian asset-backed industrial paper market.
· Representation of Bank of America Corporation in defence of class actions commenced within the Ontario and British Columbia courts claiming $5 billion in damages in relation to interchange fees charged by the Visa and MasterCard credit card networks.
· Illustration of the Particular Committee of Hollinger International Inc. (now Sun-Instances Media Group, Inc.) in connection with the Committee’s investigation into the conduct of current and former directors and officers of Hollinger Worldwide. Representation of the members of the Particular Committee in defence of defamation actions commenced by the former chairman and CEO of Hollinger Worldwide, together with in an appeal in the Supreme Court of Canada.
· Representation of Hollinger International and the Special Committee of Hollinger Worldwide earlier than the Ontario Securities Fee in its successful opposition to Ravelston’s effort to privatize Hollinger Inc. Illustration of Hollinger International in the ensuing insolvency proceedings of Ravelston and Hollinger Inc.
If you liked this article so you would like to collect more info relating to Tower Internals And Packings kindly visit our own site.