Mug Root Beer Components Defined
Up to date on March 28, 2016 The Smiling Man moreContact Author
Mug Root Beer’s ingredients are: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, caramel shade, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), citric acid, pure and artificial flavors, modified food starch, calcium disodium EDTA (to protect taste), quillaia extract.
Four. Sodium benzoate: Used as a preservative. It is the sodium salt of Benzoic acid. Benzoic acid is synthesized commercially from toluene. Toluene is produced in the gasoline making process and the making of coke (carbon gasoline produced by distillation of coal) from coal. Petrochemical Refining Equipment Subsequently, sodium benzoate is a petroleum or coal tar derivative.
5. Citric acid: A weak natural acid used as a flavoring agent and a preservative. Extracted from citrus fruits or made by fermentation of yeast or mold. May contain MSG. May be genetically modified.
6. Pure flavors: Any flavor not chemically derived. Obtained by bodily processes from plants or animals. Made to provide flavor to a meals quite than nutritional worth. Might comprise MSG.
7. Synthetic flavors: A synthetic mixture not present in nature, designed to mimic a pure flavor. May include MSG. Over 1,seven-hundred synthetic flavors are accepted by the FDA.
Eight. Modified starch: A thickening agent. Starch that has been chemically altered for particular food applications. May be genetically modified.
Chemicals used for modification embody, however are usually not restricted to:
propylene oxide – a petroleum derivative
hydrochloric acid – a corrosive used to take away rust
succinic anhydride – utilized in paper production to strengthen paper
potassium hydroxide – used to make alkaline batteries
sodium hydroxide – chemical base used to make detergents, paper, and drain cleaners
Health results: Since generally used in baby foods, safety concerns have arisen because of the use of assorted chemicals in the making of modified meals starch. Especially since infants are still developing and have little resistance to such chemicals. Extra testing required.
9. Calcium disodium EDTA: A preservative and sequestrant. A artificial antioxidant.
Health results:Could also be a teratogenic (that which interferes with regular embryonic development). Might affect liver, cause muscle cramps, blood in urine, kidney harm, and intestinal upsets.
10. Quillaia extract: The extract of the dried quillaja saponaria tree. Used as a foaming agent and emulsifier.
Well being effects: Can cause gastrointestinal irritation. Excessive amounts could causeliver harm, respiratory failure, convulsions, and coma.
Food AdditivesWhat’s In My Meals: Skittles Elements Label Defined
by The Smiling Man25
Dieting Health Points peak:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>Food AdditivesWhat’s in My Meals: Starburst Elements Defined
by The Smiling Man28
sendingBob 3 years ago
Just had an Awidth:300px;height:250px” data-advert-client=”ca-pub-6262281522677671″ knowledge-advert-host=”pub-6958755572607374″>